As our Support Engineer, you will be responsible for helping our customers (who hail from more than 60 different countries!) and partners implement our solution into their workflows. In Paris, you will work hand-in-hand with our developers learning all there is to know about online video streaming. You will also be heavily involved in business and marketing, including preparation of international trade shows such as the NAB Show in Las Vegas and IBC in Amsterdam.
– Partner with sales teams from pre-sale to implementation to ensure timely and successful roll out of our solution with customers
– Build strong client relationships in an effort to ensure contract renewal, and identify opportunities for growth
– Work with our development team to quickly acquire the technical skills needed to help our customers install and configure our solution
– Write technical and business marketing articles (blog posts, technical guides and documentation, newsletters)
– Top ranked Engineering/Business school degree (dual degree is a strong plus)
– Autonomous, dynamic, and passionate about startups and technology
– Adaptable, quick learner, open to work with tools and technology you don’t master
– Basic experience with Unix or any programming language. Knowledge in video encoding or distribution is a plus
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Conversational proficiency in another language is a plus
– First BtoB experience in the media industry is a plus
– At ease with people, comfortable in engaging english conversation
Starting date: June 2016. 6 months.
Possible shift to a full-time contract.
Free coffee & fruits everyday!
Streamroot offers a state-of-the-art peer-accelerated streaming solution to cut bandwidth costs, improve quality of service and better manage traffic spikes. Combining unicast delivery and P2P protocols, Streamroot offloads demand from servers by connecting viewers watching streams simultaneously. By decentralizing exchanges and providing content via multiple sources, it improves distribution architecture and helps broadcasters overcome one of the biggest challenges facing the web today: the explosion of video traffic. It also helps platforms scale to growing audiences. Whereas servers are weighed down by traffic peaks, a peer-to-peer system only becomes more efficient: the more peers there are to share content, the more content they can share. Platforms can use traffic spikes to their advantage, save money and offer a better quality of service for the end user. Streamroot is plugin-free for viewers and integrates seamlessly into broadcasters' workflows. It is available for both live streams and video on-demand platforms, and is compatible with a variety of media servers, video players and streaming formats. Released in summer 2015, the Streamroot peer-to-peer portal is broadcasters’ one-stop shop for peer-accelerated streaming along with useful traffic analytics and quality of service metrics. POWERFUL CUTTING-EDGE TECHNOLOGY FOR SEAMLESS STREAMING Present in Paris and New York, Streamroot was founded in France in 2013 by three engineers from Ecole Centrale Paris, and participated in the Le Camping and Techstars accelerator programs (two of the best in the tech world). For more information, visit www.streamroot.io or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.SpecialtiesWebRTC, Peer-to-peer streaming, Video streaming, Video delivery, P2P video player, OTT streaming, Streaming optimization, Video-on-demand streaming, Live streams